If you'd like to be involved in any way, please let us know. Some of the things that need doing are:
- Mapping the trees (with details of address, cropping time, owner's contact details)
- Contacting owners of fruit trees by knocking on the door, talking to them and leaving a leaflet.
- Identifying sources of, and collecting boxes and crates for carrying fruit.
- Harvesting (tree climbers, tarpaulin holders and sorters).
- Loan of equipment e.g. fruit picker, bike trailer, large juicer / crusher
- Helping with an event to celebrate with juicing and sampling of other uses of fruits (possibly on Hilly Fields).
This is an exciting project very much in tune with Transition priorities for working as a community to reduce our carbon footprint and we hope that you will be inspired to assist in some way.
If you can help please contact: Brockleyharvest@yahoo.co.uk by the 11th September, if possible (after that date also ok)